Thursday 3 May 2012

You Would Think....

I have always tried to be realistic about Braden's condition. Because he seizures so much and is on many drugs that contribute to his issues with balance and body awareness I know that he tends to bump into things, stumble and trip.He gets bruises and scrapes but because he needs to be watched so closely I can generally tell you what caused them. In the school system he, and the other students in the Resource Room, are all considered to require 1-1 supervision at all times, so you would think that any injury would be duly noted and explained.



 Last January Braden came home from school and I was changing his diaper and noticed this massive bruise on his thigh. It measured about 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and was very discolored. Braden does not bruise like this normally so I knew he had to really slam into something VERY hard to get a mark like this. You can see an "L" shape like a corner to the bruising. There was nothing written in the communication book so I called the school to ask the teacher what had happened. the teacher told me she had been out of the classroom that day and she was unaware of anything taking place, however she would check with the CEA's. 

The next day, after I emailed her these photos, she spoke to the CEA's...NOBODY had a clue what happened to Braden...not even any idea. I was totally amazed...something that caused such a mark and NOONE could tell me what happened!! NOBODY was watching him closely enough in that small room to see what happened??? 

As I said...you would think....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment