Saturday 28 April 2012

The Elementary Years.

Elementary school was a very positive experience.Braden attended Ellison elementary school from K-Grade 7. He enjoyed getting on the bus each day and heading off to school.Many of the CEA's in his class worked with him for most of those years. There was a great feeling of family, I received a great deal of support from them and I, in turn, supported them completely. We were,as expected, a team.  I had developed such a wonderful relationship with them based on an enormous sense of trust. Never once did I question that his safety was their ABSOLUTE top priority.In all those years I never had to worry about anyone deviating from the safety plan that was in place for him. I could send him to school knowing that he was respected and cared for.When I wheeled him out of that school after his Grade 7 "graduation" assembly I cried.

High school would prove to be a very different experience for Braden and for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment